If you want to work for a fast-paced and entrepreneurial digital marketing business at the very cutting edge, Media Ingenuity’s marketing team might just be the place for you. As industry leaders, we develop innovative strategies and techniques to run highly successful online marketing campaigns and launch consumer finance products at scale. As such, we’re the largest buyer of online media in our sector in the UK, meaning you’ll be working on campaigns reaching millions of consumers every day.
The Head of Search will manage our two of our key digital marketing channels, paid search (PPC) and SEO, thereby having a significant impact on business performance. The role will be reporting into the Marketing Director and will be supported by two channel specialists. Day to day responsibilities will include:
• Developing, refining and implementing the growth strategy for our paid search and SEO channels
• Implementing PPC campaign strategies to maximise profitability including identifying and setting up relevant tests and measuring and reporting the impact
• Managing media partner and agency relationships in both paid and natural search including negotiating relevant contracts
• Coordinating with the business development team to match supply and demand for leads generated from PPC and SEO
• Maintaining up to date knowledge of technology platforms available to each channel (e.g. bid management solutions) and proposing the right solutions based on business requirements
• Understanding cross-channel attribution methods and their impact on channel performance reporting and resource allocation.
The candidate will be given the breadth to bring innovation and an entrepreneurial outlook to the paid search and SEO channels. The role will also provide opportunities to interact with various teams and senior management on a daily basis, while playing a critical role in a successful business at a key stage of its growth.
This is not purely a “soft-skills” marketing role – we use analysis and science, as well as old fashioned marketing knowledge to generate our competitive edge. Consequently the candidate will need to have very strong analytical abilities and a very solid foundation in digital media and online marketing best practice. The individual must be flexible enough to take on a demanding and dynamic role within a rapidly growing organisation. Specific skills required include:
• Exceptional understanding of the overall PPC and SEO ecosystem
• Detailed knowledge of paid search campaign optimisation tools and techniques
• Detailed knowledge of SEO strategies and best practices
• Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to work with cross functional leads to ensure project success.
• Experience in running and analysing A/B and multivariate creative tests
• Highly analytical and data-driven
• Strong knowledge of Excel and ability to manipulate and interpret data sets
• Excellent attention to detail and high level of organisation and diligence
• Results driven, self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and willingness to go the extra mile to get things done
• Strong academic background – preferably having excelled in a numerate/ analytical discipline at a top tier university
• Experience managing others is required
• A minimum of 2 years demonstrable hands-on experience in PPC and SEO in a multi-channel marketing context would be an advantage
• Knowledge of SQL and online analytics platforms such as Google Analytics helpful but not required.
About Media Ingenuity Ltd.
Media Ingenuity is the UK’s leading online marketing business focused on financial services and the largest financial services advertiser online according to Comscore. We put useful tools in the hands of consumers online and in doing so connect over a million customers a year to many of the largest financial services companies in the UK.
Launched in 2006 by a team of internet entrepreneurs, the company has established itself as a centre of excellence in online marketing. It’s also highly profitable and growing very rapidly, ranking in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 in both 2010 and 2011. Our growth over the next years is anticipated to be exceptionally rapid.
We are looking for dynamic and motivated individuals who are excited about working in an entrepreneurial environment. The successful candidate will join our young, highly talented team at a very exciting stage of its development. Media Ingenuity is based in the west end of London, just off Oxford Street